Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Give Me a Christmas Trip Through India...on Horseback..


Horses. I bought my first horse at age 13 and from then on I have ridden, trained, curried, brushed, shoveled, bought, sold, traded, and above all loved my four footed family. But in recent years, my body has not enjoyed them as much. When I ride with a western saddle, my knees hurt, when I ride with an English saddle, my back hurts. It seems that I might be unable to continue the relationship with these amazing animals. Yet, I dream of one last ride....could this be it?

Sam


Horseback Riding in India

Few places in the world offer the exotic charm and colorful pageantry of Rajasthan. Here is a fascinating culture as ancient as Europe's with unsurpassed architectural achievements. The itineraries include justly famous tourist attractions like Delhi, Udaipur and Jaipur, but the way to visit this intriguing country is on horseback. Most of the horses are Marwaris which in former times were superb war horses, greatly prized by their owners; many of the ones we ride are now polo ponies.

The palaces or castles where we stay have been converted to hold modern comforts without losing any of their ancient charm. The service is outstanding and the food excellent. Age-old traditions still flourish, along with arts and crafts, and shopping opportunities are varied and irresistibly tempting. Read one person's view of this amazing Christmas trip...

No comments: