Friday, November 10, 2006

Beer Shots USA - Microbrews and My Friend Ben

When I get a few too many beers in me (yes, it happens) I just LOVE everybody. No one is a stranger and I make many "friends". I think that my friend Ben, may have received the same effects from his pub time. Philadelphia - his hangout - is called the city of brotherly love...could it be the suds?

My tastes runs dark. Not necessarily the brew of choice for many Americans who tend to like the light beers. But give me a smooth dark Guiness, with a creamy foam, at the right temperature and I will be your friend forever.

Thanks to Kevin Cowherd for this article about my friend Ben...

Sam




A lot of people don't know this, but beer aficionados have always revered the great Benjamin Franklin.

"Ben Franklin?" you say. "Short guy with bifocals? Crazy long hair? Statesman, inventor, scientist, signer of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution?"

Yep, that Ben Franklin.

For it was Franklin who was credited with writing the greatest beer-marketing slogan of all time, when he wasn't busy being one of the Founding Fathers and one of the most brilliant, accomplished men of his time.

"Beer," he purportedly stated, "is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

To read more about the city of bubbly love. . . http://www.baltimoresun.com/travel/bal-tr.phillybeer29oct29,0,2796307.story?track=rss

No comments: