Thursday, November 02, 2006

R U Chicken?? Fear of Flying...

When i fly my knuckles are white from hanging on so tight
- Sam


If you are looking for perfect safety, you will do well to sit on a fence and watch the birds.

- Wilber Wright

How safe is flying?

Vivian, my son's best friend introduced me to her father. His first remark was, “Oh, you’re an airline pilot. I have never flown in all my life because I am so afraid to fly. Honestly, I feel safer traveling in a motor car than an airplane.”

Vivian’s father is 65 years old. He has never traveled by air, and was rather embarrassed to have confessed his fear of flying to me. Well, he is not alone in this world. Michael Jackson, Mohammed Ali, Cher and many others are fearful flyers too. . . . .



To see rest of article go to http://www.geocities.com/khlim777_my/
ashowsafe1.htm#How%20safe%20is%20flying?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam,
I too get nervous when I'm on a plane. So I decided to look up some statistics about safety. Now I know which airline I'm NOT going to fly.....

According to the FAA and NTSB from Jan 2000 to Jan 2005, based on the number of accidents per million takeoffs, the 5 airlines with the worst records over a
5 year period are:

1. Evergreen International 39.12
2. Sun Country Airlines 16.87
3. American West 9.73
4. Hawaiian Airlines 7.11
5. American Airlines 5.89
6. Northwest Airlines 5.67
7. Alaska Airlines 4.54
8. United AIrlines 4.13
9. Delta Airlines 3.88
10. Horizan Airlines 3.50


The best records? US Airways, Aloha Airlines, Continental Micronesia, Trans States Airlines, Air Transport International, World Airways 0

Cindy

CSS said...

Thanks Cindy,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. . .thanks for looking up those stats they will definitely be on my mind the next time I'm booking a reservation..

Sam